Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Updates

 
This week has been jam packed with paracetamols and sewing. Deadlines are soon approaching and my cold is gradually on its way out. However, being poorly these past few weeks has allowed me to find new foods and experiment with my diet to find certain things that are not only super yummy but super healthy too. Read on to find out more..

What is Quinoa? I have seen several bloggers rant and rave about this particular recipe. I did not really know what the whole meaning behind the obsession was. So, me and my mum tried it out for ourselves. While quinoa is usually considered to be a whole grain, it is actually a seed, but can be prepared like whole grains such as rice or barley. We bought ready made quinoa to speed up the process. However, you can add your own seasoning's by purchasing the original quinoa.
 
Just a simple mix of quinoa with various vegetables combined with salmon and roast potatoes. Such a lovely combo and worked really well.

 Purchased from Sainsburys for around £2.00 - They do come in various different flavours and styles. I have a Pinterest board at the moment with different ideas of how to cook and prep your own quinoa so please check them out. - Recipes

All weekend and throughout the week I have been going sewing crazy. If I sew anymore hessian I may eventually turn into a needle and thread. However, I am extremely excited to finish my collection and finish college for good. Not long now. The next few weeks are going to be hectic in terms of ticking everything off my  ''to-do'' list, but eventually it will all be worth it. I have also recently discovered a new skincare product I am obsessed with, so make sure to pop by soon to check my review.

I hope you enjoy your weekend too!



Jessica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment