Saturday, June 21, 2014

70th Blog Post! - FINAL MAJOR


 
I am pleased to say that I have now finished college! 2 long years of hard work has finally paid off in my final collection. It has been stressful, exhausting but so much fun all at the same time. In my collection I made a series of mood boards, diaries and sketchbooks to demonstrate my thought processes and creative ideas. I received my grades yesterday & I am so happy to say that I achieved above my target grade. I got – 3 A*! This is something I have been working towards for a long time and now it is all over.. I kind of miss the stress and workload, is this strange?

However, in September I am excited to turn over a new page in my book and experiment in the world of English Language! This is a huge inner love of mine.

Here are a series of pictures from my sketchbook, catwalk and other pieces of work I created to visually communicate my theme and ideas. Also! I cannot believe I am on my 70th blog post! I thought it was the perfect opportunity to express my excitement about my grades.. So here you go;





Epidermis Evolution - Jessica Ward.
 ''The concept of building a thicker skin has been more than a theme for this collection, motivated by personal diaries and the will to develop a stronger front, the designer has considered metamorphosis, delicacy and inner strength. Fabric selection discusses raw vulnerability and natural beauty all composed into a sartorial shell.'' 

Paragraph from the Platform fashion show brochure.

 For the styling of the fashion show and photoshoot I wanted to keep everything fairly natural in terms of hair & make-up. Bronzed, rosy and fresh. Alongside youthful hair. 
(Raw, Fragile, Empowerment.)

 My colour palette for this collection was a mixture of flesh tones combined with a subtle hint of Mother of Pearl. Both of which I think work perfectly with my concept.
(Vulnerable, Coarse Beige, Forest Mother of Pearl.)


Here is a sneak preview of the catwalk itself! Not forgetting I could not of done all this without my supportive family, boyfriend and friends. The catwalk was stressful but I have had the best few days ever with two of my friends. thankyou so much Kara & Charlotte; A huge thankyou to Hollie Lee for modelling my Vulnerable outfit for a photo-shoot! Pictures will be with you soon.

 




Jessica xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment