Sunday, June 8, 2014

Are you food forward? Pinterest obsession



If you could see the inside of your body, would you think before you eat?

This post is about the concept behind the food I eat & why. I have had to make some changes, get rid of some things and change my thoughts on food. After recently being poorly I have had to overcome the fear of food, this was a huge thing. Once I realised that I was beginning to loose weight & shape, I thought it was time to take action and become more grown up about my decisions and the way I choose to eat. I used to deprive myself from things that my body needs to develop and be strong. These are things I have had to now include in my diet to develop and become stronger NOT skinnier. I do however use alternatives to things I was scared to eat or didn’t agree with my body.

 I.e. – White basmati rice I now change for brown rice, I find it easier to digest and it has a nutty quality, which I enjoy a lot more.

Pasta/cous cous – After a recent discovery I am now obsessed with quinoa! It’s a gluten free alternative to cous cous, I combine it with vegetables, meat and different beans and nuts. Although I do still have white pasta I like to combine it with a lot more meat and vegetables as I enjoy this a lot more.

White bread – White bread made me feel bloated and sick after eating it, after some research I found 100% sunflower bread, it is gluten free and super lovely with different spreads and different toppings. Although the sunflower bread feels dense it is easier to eat & digest. I also use it sometimes as a side on a salad.

Porridge – For breakfast without fail I use to consume granola with yogurt and a few different fruits, this did not last me until lunch, as it was not substantial enough due to me controlling my intake of how much I ate. I now try to relax and enjoy food, porridge is perfect for the mornings it warms you right through and is great for a wholesome breakfast, I top mine with honey, nuts and frozen fruits. This also gets your calcium right up there if you use milk.

Potatoes - My god I love potatoes, but I find them also very bloating, so as a healthier alternative I like to use sweet potatoes, they are alot softer in texture, digest well and are sweeter! Perfect for a sweet tooth.

Eating healthy does not have to be boring! Take a look below for some inspiration when preparing meals, all meals and recipes can be found on my Pinterest board - here  

 
After battling the fear with food I am now on the road to recovery and becoming a lot more confident with food. I want to become strong, curvy and happy within my own skin without restricting what I eat. If I want a chocolate bar, then I will eat it! If I want a huge piece of my favourite cake (carrot cake.) I will… With extra lashings of cream.  This is the key to being happy, and as a result of this I have put on half a stone! – This is an on going challenge I want to pursue.


Jessica xo

2 comments:

  1. Feel so motivated after reading this, some good recipe ideas x

    https://thatlifestyleblog.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! All down to doing my research, it's fun & easy!



    ReplyDelete